I’ve seen quite a few of these posts over the years. The bag contents of bloggers are neatly laid out for us all to peruse and everything is chic, well designed and organised. So, feeling a bit inspired by this, I thought I might have a go myself.
The bag I carry around everyday is my beloved Mulberry Antony. The large version of this is big enough for a book or magazine, and even though I am notorious for over-filling bags to breaking point, it seems to absorb all my rubbish very well. Plus, and very importantly for me, it leaves my hands free for catching wayward toddlers before they step off the nearest ledge, hailing buses, messing about with Iphone apps or reading a book.
So let’s have a look what is in there. I’ve basically tipped everything out of it onto the floor. I may be doing this wrong…
The only thing you can’t see here is my iPhone because that’s what I used to take the photo, but believe me, it’s there ALL the time. iLimb, as my lovely friend calls it.
In amongst the jumble and ignoring the old bus tickets, there are things that I’ll point out.
- My lovely dinosaur purse from Sew You.
- This week’s edition of Stylist magazine. I adore Stylist magazine and the daily Emerald Street email they send out too.
- Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve. As someone who is often changing nappies, cooking or gardening, I wash my hands a lot, so they get sore. I’m really wary of having old lady hands so am obsessed with great hand cream.
- One small sock. Probably the sole survivor of a pair. I have no idea why it is in my bag, but it’s the kind of thing I’m likely to be carrying around. To be honest, I’m surprised there isn’t a toy car in here.
- A giant chewy sweet, taken from my son who decided it was perfect breakfast food. We disagreed. I may eat this to save him from the tooth decay.
- My beloved orange leather gloves bought in Florence, Italy. I love orange but this is the closest I get to wearing it, as it doesn’t really suit my skin tone.
- Two books. This is why the bloody bag is so heavy! One of these is my library book. I’m reading through all the Agatha Raisin murder-mystery series at the moment. They’re very engaging and so easy to read. The second book is called ‘A Boat in Our Baggage’ by Maria Coffey, which I’ve borrowed in preparation for my Epic Kayaking Adventure in the Lake District. Which is really a little paddle, but in my head is now ‘Swallows and Amazons’ (and before you say it, I know they didn’t kayak!) so I need the inspiration.
The silver bag is my Emergency Pouch. I recommend one of these. Inside this I keep painkillers and other medications, things that women need (you know…) spare contact lenses, lipstick, and for some reason, earrings. Never had an earring emergency but it could happen. Having it all in the pouch (and remembering to replace stuff you’ve used) means you can just take it all out of one bag at once and drop into another. Handy.
In the emergency pouch are also two make up saviours: Posie Tint by Benefit and Laura Mercier cheek cream in ‘Canyon’. If I’m looking for a bright, but light way of freshening up my face, I use the Posie Tint on my cheeks and lips. I love the Benefit stains, as they just don’t wear off. If I’m after a simpler but healthy look, I’ll use a bit of the cheek cream instead. It’s a great light terracotta type colour that seems to suit everyone and just gives me a healthy glow.
So, this what I carry around. Alongside this is usually a small notebook and pen too, in case I need to remember something. As an inveterate list writer, this is essential, although I’ve started to use the notes function on my phone more often. One thing you can’t see here is a giant DSLR camera. That’s because I don’t have one. There is a plan afoot though, so hopefully one day soon you’ll see better photos on the site!
What do you carry around in your bag every day? Do let me know, I’m unashamedly nosy…